Friday, May 18, 2012

Dreams

Lying on the couch, under the influence of vicodin (legally prescribed!) is the perfect time to ponder my dreams.  
What would my ideal life look like?
Forget the influences of friends, family, society...
Throw away social norms, ignore imagined boundaries...

The life I've only dreamed of:

Simple
Free
Unfettered
Independent
Self-sufficient
Healthy
Travel
Explore
Learn
See
Do

Follow my insatiable thirst for knowledge and voracious appetite for adventure
Live a life less ordinary

Live simply, without so many attachments
More time doing things that mean something, less time watching tv
Be able to wake up and think "Hell yes, this is my life, and it's fucking amazing."
Buck the system, lose the 9 to 5
Eat well
Free from obligations
Answer to no one but myself
Be able to just enjoy being alive

How do I achieve this?

Get rid of almost everything - pare down to bare necessities, downsize what I keep
Get a different job - flexible, mobile, atypical
Fly solo - sever attachments and obligations
Live cheap - low rent, few or no extra services
Live my mantra - Do the crazy thing, the abnormal thing, the weird thing.
Be EXTRAORDINARY.

Sounds like a lot of work.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment