Sunday, May 3, 2015

Finally!!

I am only 2 days away from getting my back fixed.
After almost 20 years.
My mind is kinda blown right now.

I'll be having a microdiscectomy and a laminotomy.  The doctor will go in and clean up all the disc fragments and remove some of the disc to reduce the pressure and hopefully the hernia will reduce in size.  Then he will go into the bone surrounding the nerves and clean up any remaining disc fragments and bone spurs to give the nerves more room.

It's an outpatient procedure in the morning, and I should be home before dinner.  The recovery time should only be about 2 weeks, and then I should be good to go.

I can't even imagine what life will be like without pain.  I mean, I know there will still be pain, but my back will be fixed.

My back will be fixed.
My back will be fixed.
My back will be fixed.
My back will be fixed.
My back will be fixed.

Look out, world. You are my oyster and I'm going to schuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment